Friday, October 14, 2005

So, what exactly Kennedy is thinking of Daniel Love's 'Dream Signs'?

In Sep 5 2004 Kennedy posted the following message on The Magic Cafe:

"I have just received Dream Signs by one of the Café's own Daniel Love. I was wondering who else has purchased this from Daniel? The method is so *** good! I am not receiving financial gain from Mr Love, however I must say that this is the closest to real mind reading that we have come! In case you don't know the effect here goes: Participant concentrates, visualizes their star sign. You ask no questions, nothing is written down, no pre-show and totally impromptu you can read their mind, you name their star sign! What's more no progressive anagrams. You can do it face to face and over the phone! I am really impressed with this and have already started practicing with my friends!"

and on Sep 6 2004 he posted the following:

"For me a PA's difficulty is in recalling the letter process, this is not the case with Dream Signs as it is a visual cuing system and all memory is visual as opposed to linear like letters. Another advantage, IMO that you have with Dream Signs is that the spectator need not speak, where as in a standard Whats My Sign your saying "Does it have an E in it?" and you expect a reply 99% of the time. Plus (oh yes) if you were to read someone's mind then you wouldn't' say, "think of your star sign and now think about how you spell it", well I know I wouldn't anyway so the visualization in the technique brings us a step closer to what I would call the real work. These are the reasons I like it and I have only had it under a day and can easily recall the process. I am unable to perform it as yet but with work I am sure it will come...i might even make some improvements and maybe Mr Love will include them in a second edition Hey, it needs tweaking to fit your own personal style I agree 100%, but then if you didn't do this with every effect then we would all be clones."


Now, from I understand about this effect from those posts there is no use of branching anagrams in this effect and it is pretty easy "system" to remember.

Recently some asked for review of Dream Signs on The Magic Cafe and Kennedy made the following post ( Sep 10 2005):

" think with Dream Signs it is a good development of the idea of branching anagrams. I think the concept it very clever and I have used it in the past. In honesty I don't use iot now in my act or casually as I just cant remember it. Seriously though, if you are looking at branching anagrams and want saoemthign a little bit different then this may very well be worth a look. "

So, are there branching anagrams in this effect or not?
Is it easy to remember this effect or not?
Could you please make up your mind Kennedy!